What is Primobolan?
Primobolan also known as Methenolone is one of the widely used anabolic androgenic steroids by bodybuilders and weightlifters. It is available in oral and injectable forms and a popular steroid due to it is relatively safer effects and used in combination with other steroids for cycling, stacking purposes. It has been known to improve athletic performance, improve lean muscular mass and prevents muscle wastage.
It is a long-acting drug, used widely by both men and women due to its low androgenic side effects. Therapeutically it has been used for treatment of malnourished children, osteoposrosis aand sarcopenia.
Primobolan is available as oral Primobolan (methanolone acetate) and Primobolan depot, the injectable form.
What does Primobolan do?
Primobolan helps to improve muscle mass, helps in muscle growth by stimulating protein synthesis which forms the basis of muscle development.
The three main characteristic actions of Primobolan are :
- Improves nitrogen retention in muscle strands which are essential for building up your lean muscle tissue resulting in some noticeable gains with its usage.
- Lipolysis of destruction of fate molecules is an important action brought about by Primobolan which brings down your body fat levels making one’s fitness and bodybuilding more pronounced.
- It has been believed that Primobolan improves immunity in immune-suppressed conditions and helps prevent resultant muscle wastage.
Primobolan like all other androgenic anabolic steroids increases the metabolic rate and a mild increase in red blood cells production is observed.
What makes Primobolan stand out from the rest?
To begin with Primobolan is one of those androgenic steroids used by women due to its lesser occurrence of side effects such as hair loss, deep voice, increased body and facial hair growth. It is a relatively safer choice for woman who want to take up anabolic steroids.
It is also believed that it Primobolan was used by the former Mr.Olympia champion and Hollywood actor Arnold Schwarzenegger. Needless to say, aspiring bodybuilders started to hoard Primobolan to look like their idol. Well who wouldn’t want to look like Arnie,eh?
The major benefits of Primobolan over other common anabolic steroids are as follows:
- Its advantage of being the perfect roid to take during ‘off time’ to be used in between cycles of steroid usage due to its ability to maintain muscle mass fairly constant. It makes one look chiselled and toned when taken along with a proper diet.
- Helps prevent muscle wastage
- It is only slightly less potent than Deca Durabolin while providing the same actions and lesser side effects brought about by suppressed testosterone production.
- It is a mild anabolic steroid, doesn’t get converted to estrogen even on high doses thereby preventing the related side effects such as gynecomastia or breast enlargement.
- Improves active and total testosterone by promoting sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) and luteinizing hormone (LH).
- No reported adverse effects of shrunken testicles, deep voice, liver toxicity, psychogenic effects.
- Helps burn fat faster, increases metabolic rate.
- Improves endurance by improving glycogen breakdown and increased glucose availability.
- Does not cause water retention which is a common drawback seen in anabolic steroids.
Primobolan dosage and cycles
Primobolan is taken in doses of about 50-150 mg per day usually for men and 25-75 mg per day for women
It is stacked along with steroids such as Deca Durabolin, Testrosterone, Trenbolone, Anavar, Winstrol, Dianabol.
Primobolan is also commonly used as a pre-contest cutting by competitive bodybuilders due to its role as a good fat burner.
Possible side effects of Primobolan
As with any drug, Primobolan does come with its fair share of side effects when taken too much or if it’s simply not accepted by one’s body. Although it is worth mentioning that the adverse effects of Primobolan is much less dangerous compared to its counterparts.
Commonly encountered side effects:
-Hair loss, male type baldness
-increased body hair and facial hair
– altered cholesterol levels, particularly an increase in bad cholesterol
-altered sleep patterns
It has been mentioned that is safer to be used by women but one should look out for the following side effects:
- Deep voice
- Menstrual cycle changes
- Increased body hair
In addition, it is not recommended for anyone who has been diagnosed with testicular atrophy, testicular cancer, prostate cancer, breast cancer, liver damage, kidney damage, stroke, high blood pressure or respiratory problems.
Primobolan like other androgenic steroids supresses the natural testosterone levels to an extent.
Some points to keep in mind while taking Primobolan
- Do not take multiple doses in order to achieve faster results, it will invariably lead to more harm than good.
- Oral Primobolan isn’t hepatotoxic as such, but over usage and abuse will lead to liver toxic
To conclude, Primobolan does appear comparatively safe on paper but it is still illegal to use this drug for bodybuilding purposes. End of the day it is a matter of how true you stay to yourselves and to your passion to participate in competitive bodybuilding platforms and showcase your worth with your natural talent and hard work or to go the roids way.